Visit us onsite at the Ashgrove Cheese factory and Tasmanian farm store.
6173 Bass Highway, Elizabeth Town, Tasmania 7304.
Come in and try our creamy farm ice-cream, fresh bottled milk, cheese, cream and butter. Stock up on provisions, including gourmet Tasmanian produce, cheese platters, grilled cheese sandwiches and locally roasted coffee made with our award winning farm milk.
Sneak a peek through the viewing window, where you will get a behind the scenes look at how we make our cheese using traditional techniques with modern methods.
We are open every day except Xmas day from 7.30am to 5pm, 25 minutes east of Devonport and 40 minutes west of Launceston with easy access and parking. Coach tours are welcome and you can book in for a presentation.
Parking and Access
- Cars – public car park is located in front of the cheese factory
- Caravans and Trailers – access is available around the building for towing vehicles
- Coaches – drop off at the shop door. Access is available around building for coach turning.
- Disabled Parking – signage directs access to disabled parking beside building.
- Disabled Facilities – level access to all areas including the entrance. A disabled toilet is available.
- Individuals – there is no need to book a visit for individuals or small groups;
- Coach Groups – pre booked coach groups are offered a presentation on the cheese making process.
- School Groups – a 1 hour cheese making education program is offered to school groups. Find out more here.
How to Find Us
Ashgrove Cheese is located on the Bass Highway (A1), 4km north of Elizabeth Town. The factory is clearly visible from the highway, with signage directing visitors in. See our Location Map for details.
- From Devonport – travel time is 25 minutes.
Ashgrove Cheese is located to the right of the highway and encountered before reaching Elizabeth Town.
- From Launceston – travel time is 40 minutes.
Ashgrove Cheese is located to the left of the highway 4km past Elizabeth Town. The entrance is found 200m past the end of the passing lanes.
Cheese making and viewing is available Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm