Our cheese sauce is prefect in a lasagna, making cauliflower or broccoli cheese, melting over nachos or grilling over a baked jacket potato.
- Ashgrove unsalted butter, Ashgrove cheese, Ashgrove milk, salt & pepper.
- 25g Ashgrove unsalted butter
- 25g Plain flour
- 600ml Ashgrove full cream or farm light milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g Ashgrove Deloraine cheddar or Red Leicester cheese grated
- Place the butter in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat.
- Add the flour whilst stirring and cook for a minute or two.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the milk bit by bit, stirring each splash to form a smooth mix before adding more. Do not add all the milk at the same time.
- Once the milk is mixed in with the flour, return the pan to the heat. Stir continuously as the sauce heats and bring it to the boil.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes and add a little salt or pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cheese, letting it melt gradually without boiling the sauce. When it is mixed and melted remove it from the heat.
For different flavours try the following
Add a finely chopped chilli for a spicy cheese sauce.
Add a finely chopped chipotle chilli for a smokey and spicy cheese sauce.
Add Ashgrove blue cheese for a delicious steak sauce.