This is always a favourite to accompany a BBQ on a long, hot summer day. It has a bang from the salty fetta and a burst of sweetness from the watermelon – perfect.
- A wedge of watermelon
- A small red onion
- Ashgrove Fetta
- Fresh lime
- A sprig of thyme
- Take 1/4 of a watermelon and slice into wedges. Trim off the rind and cube into even pieces.
- Place your watermelon cubes on a plate or board – I prefer this salad to be spread onto a flat surface, a dish is perfect too.
- Take 100-200 grams Ashgrove Tasmanian Farm Fetta and cut into cubes or crumble over the watermelon.
- Peel and thinly slice a small red onion, scatter over the fetta and watermelon
- Generously drizzle olive oil and squeeze fresh lime juice over the salad.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves.
Herbs that go well – lemon thyme, oregano, marjoram and English mint