Who doesn’t love nana’s baking?
Lets bring back the classic rock cake – yummy, warm golden fruity goodness.
- Ashgrove unsalted butter, self raising flour, sugar, eggs, dried fruit.
- 230g Ashgrove unsalted butter
- 2.5 cup SR flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dried fruit
- Cream together until light and fluffy, softened butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, beating in one at a time.
- Add flour and dried fruit or preferred flavouring mix.
- Mound 2tsp of mixture onto a greased baking tray, leaving space for spreading between each one.
- Bake in oven at 180c for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
For different flavours and easy variations
Try – a drizzle of honey over the rock cakes before baking.
Try – add some walnuts or macadamias.
Try – dried cranberries with white chocolate.
Try – zest of 1 orange with chocolate and chopped dates.