Chilli Cheese Jaffle
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
175g Ashgrove Hell's Gate Jalapeño Havarti, sliced
30g Ashgrove Traditional Farmhouse Butter
500g beef mince
1 can Old El Paso Mexe Beans
1 pkt Old El Paso Fajita Spice Mix
1 can crushed tomatoes
½ white onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
8 slices white bread
2 tbsp Pukara Estate Chilli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Tasman Sea Salt
1. In a pan over medium to high heat, add oil, garlic and onion. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add beef mince and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the spice mix, sea salt, crushed tomatoes and beans, stir together. Let simmer for a further 10 minutes. Once cooked, put beef mix into a bowl and place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
4. While the beef mix is cooling, butter the outside of each piece of bread.
5. When beef mixture has cooled, spread onto unbuttered side of bread and top with sliced cheese. Place in the jaffle maker and toast for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Once nice and brown, remove from the jaffle maker and let cool for 1-2 minutes before cutting in half and serving.