Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 - 20 minutes | Serves: 8
2 sheets Ready to Bake puff pastry, defrosted
200g Ashgrove Havarti
180g Ashgrove Signature Apricot Chutney
½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Cut each sheet of defrosted puff pastry into 8 squares. Place the 16 squares on some baking paper and a tray.
3. Put a piece of Havarti, dollop of chutney, sprinkle of walnuts and a pinch of thyme into the centre of each square.
4. Whisk the egg and water together in a bowl to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash around the edges of each pastry square.
5. Pinch the opposite corners of each pastry square together to create a little pastry package which all comes together in the centre – top right corner pinched with bottom left corner etc.
6. Brush the top of each pastry package with more egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
7. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
NOTE: Swap Eaglehawk Neck Heavenly Havarti for our Lake Burbury Smoked Havarti, Fortescue Bay Havarti with Bacon or Hell's Gate Havarti with Jalapeño for an extra flavour hit!