Penne and Cheese
👨🏽🍳 Ben Milbourne | 📺 Left Off the Map | 📷 Cultivate Productions
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 2
250g Barilla Penne Rigate
3 large slices of sourdough bread
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 cup Ashgrove Full Cream milk
1 cup Ashgrove Cream
2 knobs Ashgrove Farmhouse Butter
2 garlic cloves
70g Ashgrove Hell's Gate Havarti with Jalapeño, chopped
Extra butter for grilling
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta for 6 minutes
3. Roughly chop the sourdough and place in an ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle with olive oil and salt, then bake in the oven until toasted and crunchy
4. Strain pasta and return it to the saucepan.
Add the milk, cream, butter, cheese and garlic and cook gently for 10 - 15 minutes.
Place pasta and sauce on an oven proof serving dish
5. Place toasted sourdough and chilli flakes into a food processor and blitz for a few seconds to create small chunks (not breadcrumbs)
6. Sprinkle the sourdough chunks over the pasta and dot with extra knobs of butter.
Place under the grill until golden brown, then serve.