Prep time: 40 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Makes: 20
60g Shipstern Bluff Extra Tasty Cheddar, grated
300g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
330g plain flour
60g oats, toasted
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. In a food processor, add all the ingredients and process until the mixture starts to come together as a ball of dough.
2. Lay a large sheet of clingfilm flat on worktop and scoop the dough out into the middle. Use the clingfilm to roll the dough into a rough sausage shape and seal tightly with the clingfilm. Place in fridge and rest for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large baking tray with a little butter.
4. After 30 minutes, the chilled dough should be fairly firm. Unwrap from the clingfilm and use a sharp knife to slice off rounds about 1cm thick (you should get 18–20 biscuits).
5. Place on the greased tray, spaced slightly apart so that they can spread when cooking. Bake in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly on the tray as they will be fragile when hot, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.