Cheesy Potato Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Makes: 12
750g Sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
1 small onion, coarsely grated
1 cup (80g) coarsely grated cheddar
1⁄3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly whisked
Greek-style yoghurt or sour cream, to serve
1. Place potato and onion in a colander and use clean hands to squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add cheddar and flour. Season. Toss to combine. Use a spatula to fold egg through mixture until combined.
3. Lightly spray an air fryer basket with oil. In batches, place 1⁄4 cupfuls of the mixture in the basket, 2cm apart*. Gently spread to create 8cm circles. Spray with oil. Cook at 190°C for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Use an egg lifter to transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
4. Serve pancakes warm** with yoghurt or sour cream.
Extra liquid may gather in the bowl with the uncooked mixture while you are cooking the pancakes. Discard extra liquid and continue cooking.
* Using a 7L air fryer, you can cook 4 pancakes in each batch.
** Serve the pancakes warm as they come out of the air fryer or to serve altogether, return them all to the air fryer and reheat for 5 minutes.