Gluten Free Fetta & Zucchini Bread
Oil, for greasing
200g Ashgrove Fetta
300g zucchini, grated
30g fresh parsley, finely chopped (discard any tough stalks)
30g dill, finely chopped (discard any tough stalks)
15g chives, finely chopped
120g Gluten Free self-raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C, fan forced). Grease a 2lb Loaf Tin (about 20cm x 10cm) and line with baking paper.
2. Put the grated zucchini on a clean tea towel, pull the sides up and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Tip into a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients, except the fetta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix until well combined, then crumble in 150g of the fetta. Stir gently to distribute the fetta, then spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Even out the mixture, then top with the remaining 50g fetta.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, then cover the top with foil to stop from browning any further. Cook for another 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean (the fetta may stick a little to the skewer). Cool completely in the tin, then remove and cut into slices and serve with hummus.
HINTS & TIPS
- The cooked loaf can be frozen. Once completely cool, wrap well in a double layer of clingfilm and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost fully before eating.
- No self-raising flour? Add 2tsp baking powder for every 150g of plain flour to make your own!