Rubicon Red Cauliflower Cheese
1 large cauliflower
300g Ashgrove Rubicon Red, grated
2 bay leaves
100g Ashgrove Traditional Farmhouse Butter
2 tbsp Signature Farmhouse Mustard
50g plain flour
500mL Ashgrove Full Cream milk
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, put into a saucepan with the bay leaves and cover with cold water. Add a sprinkling of salt and bring to the boil, then drain and refresh with cold water. Let the cauliflower drain again in a colander, pluck out the bay leaves and discard.
3. When the cauliflower is completely drained, put into an ovenproof dish in an even layer.
4. To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan, then whisk in the mustard and flour, and cook over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes. Whisk in the milk off the heat, and then put it back on the heat and keep stirring until it becomes really thick and begins to bubble.
5. Sprinkle in all but a handful of the grated cheese, and stir over the heat until it has melted into the sauce. Check the seasoning, then pour it over the cauliflower in the dish, and then scatter the remaining handful of grated cheese over the top.
6. Cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is hot, the sauce is bubbling and the cheesy top is slightly browned.