Apple, Pancetta & Cheddar Pizza
2 tsp (1 sachet) dried yeast
½ tsp caster sugar
330mL (1 ⅓ cups) warm water
450g (3 cups) plain flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
120g (½ cup) Onion Jam
150g Mozzarella, grated
100g Wineglass Bay Vintage Cheddar, coarsely grated
2 Kanzi apples, thinly sliced & seeds removed
6 slices pancetta, torn
2 small sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
Sea salt, to serve
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a jug. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and oil. Use your hands to mix until the mixture comes together as a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in volume.
3. Preheat oven to 210°C/190C fan forced. Place 2 large baking trays in the oven.
4. Punch down the dough with your fist. Turn out and knead lightly for 1 minute. Halve the dough. Cover 1 portion with a damp tea towel. Roll out the other portion on a sheet of baking paper to a rough 30cm circle. Spread with 1/4 cup onion jam and scatter over a quarter of the combined cheeses. Top with half the apple. Scatter with a third of the remaining cheese. Top with half the pancetta and half the rosemary. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and ingredients to make another pizza. Slide the pizzas, still on the baking paper, onto the hot trays and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
5. Season with sea salt and serve.