Cheesy Jalapeño Toastie
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Serves: 2
80g Ashgrove Parmesan, finely grated
45g Lake St. Clair Tasmanian Mature Cheddar, grated
45g Hell's Gate Havarti with Jalapeño, grated
4 slices sourdough bread
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 small jalapeño, sliced into thin rings
1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with approx. 2tsp softened butter.
2. Arrange 4 or 5 jalapeño rings over the butter on each slice, pressing down to make them stick.
3. Place parmesan in a shallow dish and press the butter, jalapeño side of each slice of bread into the parmesan.
4. Scatter half of the mature cheddar and half of the jalapeño havarti on the unbuttered side of each of two slices, then close the sandwiches with all parmesan on the outside.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
6. Add the sandwiches and cook, covered fr 2-3 minutes or until the underside is golden, but not burnt. Flip and repeat until both sides are golden and the edges are crisp. Serve and enjoy.