Fennel, Leek & Parmesan Bake
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
100g Ashgrove Parmesan, grated
50g unsalted butter
500g leeks, washed and trimmed
3 fennel bulbs, quartered lengthways
125ml dry white wine
200ml double cream
1 tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch each of Tasman Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Boil fennel in a little salted water until tender, approx. 5 minutes. Drain well, spread out in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 25g Parmesan.
3. Put the butter, water and leeks into a pan and stew with the lid on until soft, approx. 5 minutes.
4. Remove the lid, add the white wine, turn up the heat and boil until the wine has reduced by two-thirds.
5. Add the cream, nutmeg and 25g Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 3 minutes, then pour over the fennel.
6. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely brown and bubbling. Serve with good bread to soak up the juices.