Smoked Havarti Cheese Pasta Sauce
225g Ashgrove Lake Burbury Smoked Havarti, cut into small cubes
½ cup Parmesan, grated
½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
10 large garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup dry white wine
1¼ cups milk
1¼ cups cream
½ tsp onion powder
1 tbsp truffle oil (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauce pan using medium heat. Once the sauce pan is hot, add the butter and olive oil.
2. Once the olive oil and butter becomes hot (this should only take a few seconds to get the oil and butter hot), add the garlic to the pan.
3. Cook the garlic for few seconds. Then, add the half and half, dry white white, and onion powder to the sauce. Then stir the sauce.
4. Turn the heat down to medium low heat and let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes. As the sauce cooks, stir the sauce occasionally.
5. After the sauce has cooked, turn the heat off, add the cheeses to the sauce, and stir the sauce until the cheese has melted and blended into the sauce. (At this time you can add the optional truffle oil).
6. Use a hand held blender to blend the sauce so that the sauce is creamy as it helps the cheeses to blend well.
7. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
8. Serve with your favourite pasta.